Monday, June 2, 2014

Still alive and running!

Hi! 

Thanks to keely's parents who brought me more goldfish and cookies! They found me at the fireside we have every month. I had to translate for Sister Day in front of EVERYONE...scariest experience of my life. I do not ever want to do that again. I was so nervous. ahhh...my chinese is so bad! People after wards would ask me "are you from America?" haha. 

I don't even know what happened last week! We had a total of 37 lessons, but I felt like we had no time to chuan jiao. That was a record. The Lord has truly blessed us. We saw a lot of miracles, even though a lot of our new investigators already died. It's kind of sad, but there are other people who are more prepared out there. We had leadership council and our training was fun. I always learn so much. This week zone conference starts. President asked us to attend all the zone conferences...so that will go on until next week. We get to fly on a plane with President and Sister Day and the Assistants to Hualien since there won't be very much time to get down there from the previous zone conference. That will be an interesting experience. That is next week though. I'm excited to go back to Hualien and Taidong though. I love the east coast! We've had some sick sisters in the mission. It's been a little rough and stressful but I hope they can get better soon. The weeks are just staying really busy. We have 2 exchanges this week as well. Then next week we will prepare for transfers again. its an endless cycle. Nothing else really going on. Or i just cant remember. Everything just seems like a blur! 

Wow this last week was busy and it flew by so fast! Mission leadership council went really well. We loved planning for it too. I always learn so much from these trainings. I feel like you always give us the topic I'm the worst at, so it helps me a lot! :) I am also so glad that fireside is over! I was so nervous translating and I think everyone could tell. I told Elder Seneca I never wanted to do that again! 

Our family that we are teaching are still progressing. Wu DX, who is closest to baptism, doesn't really want to get baptized right now. He has a lot of doubts and fears, especially coming from his friends who think our church is wicked. We fasted for him on Sunday and prayed that he would still make his date for this Saturday. We invited him to pray with his family every night and he has done it some nights. He loves the missionaries. He is just afraid that when he is baptized, he can't keep all the commandments or will mess up and will have to repent. I think he has this idea that repentance is some long and horrible process. We want to explain it to him again and let him know it is a beautiful process and you grow so much from it. I have faith he will get baptized VERY soon! He is SO ready!!! We just need a miracle to happen now. 

We currently have a lot of new investigators to work with. We set some baptism dates this week and found 9 new investigators, but over half of them died already. It's kind of frustrating because we don't really have any solid investigators besides the Wu family. Not very many people are sticking. I'm a little worried, but I still believe we will find that prepared person! There has got to be someone out there who is searching. I just haven't found him/her yet. I just pray that the people who we meet will actually show up to their second meeting time with us. 

Our R.C. Shi JM is just doing awesome. She has her temple recommend and I think she is planning on going to the temple this week. I'm so excited for her. She brought 3 of her friends from China who are visiting to the fireside and they loved it! I wish we could teach them! They said that they have never attended anything like that before. 

Pray for WU DX and his family!!! they can get baptized this month!!!! 
love you all
Sister Chao

No comments:

Post a Comment