Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Every 5 new mosquito bite represents a new investigator

Hello!!!!

I can't believe this is my 2nd to last email home!!! so sad!! I don't want this to end. I'm kinda scared to go home...more like go to school. I want to stay one more transfer. It all seems like a dream. I think it won't hit me until transfer meeting. We still have a LOT to do. One more specialized training this week and leadership council. Then we have to prepare for the new missionaries and the temple tour training coming up. yay! I'm glad i get to stay busy. I got new glasses today and it took a total of 10 minutes. Crazy! I've never been in and out of an eye doctor that fast. Anything you want me to buy? I dont think I'll have time...but i can try. well we did a wonderful training this last on teaching people, not lessons from the PMG fundamentals. It was probably the best training I've ever given with my companion. The spirit was so strong and we made a few people cry. I wish we had more time to give it. Oh well, it definitely was the spirit leading it the whole time. so cool. anyways...here is what happened this week. 

I really enjoyed the Mission Leadership Seminar. There were a lot of great trainings. I felt the spirit so strong in our training of teaching people, and not lessons. Thanks for helping out with that. I hope the missionaries felt the spirit in the room and could apply what they learned to their investigators. I've never given a training like that before and I knew it was the Spirit guiding us the whole time, through planning and through giving the training. I learned a lot. 

On Saturday, we were able to meet with our 16 year old investigator Liu tongxue. She is great and really loves learning the Gospel. She FINALLY came to church on Sunday! I was so happy to see her. Her mom said that she needed to come to church a few more times before she could get baptized, exactly our thoughts! She is progressing a lot and loved church. I'm sad I won't be here for her baptism but I know she will find the happiness she needs in the Gospel. 

We also met with a referral from the missionaries who were here for the Seminar. Ma JM is a single mom and used to meet with the Jehovah Witnesses. She has one daughter who is handicapped. She said that she is looking for a religion and hasn't felt anything yet. She really wants to make sure she "feels" something before she gets baptized. We set a baptismal date with her and we used a lot of HTBT. Then she says, "I need you to be my guides then! Guide me!" She is a really happy person and I know that if she reads, prays, and comes to church, she will for sure "feel" something. I'm excited to teach her.

That night, we had a cool finding miracle! We found 2 new investigators and set a date with one of them. Lin JM, our new investigator, was just walking down the street and I felt like I should go talk to her. She said that she was Christian but hasn't been to church in a long time. She said that she had depression and almost killed herself awhile back. She came to church the next day and loved it. She shared in Relief Society how she felt like the Holy Ghost led her to find us missionaries. She was grateful that we were able to pray with her and tell her that Heavenly Father really loved her. She is so sweet! 

Sister Miao and I did a fast for our area, investigators, and sisters last week and we felt like Heavenly Father has given us so many blessing right after. We were able to receive a lot of new investigators and referrals from the time the missionaries went finding for 45 minutes during the Seminar. We saw a lot of little miracles and I know Heavenly Father was answering our prayers. It was really cool. 

Thanks for your wonderful training on being a one-eyed missionary. I really want to be a one-eyed missionary and diligent until the end, and of course, for the rest of my life. I want to be more Christ-like and truly do God's will while I'm out here. Everything we do is to glorify God, not us. We are just His servants and a tool. I'm truly grateful to be serving here and helping so many people. The sisters in the mission are awesome and have such a strong desire to do their best. I'm grateful for this calling here at the Temple and have learned so much! I'm excited for one more specialized training and mission leadership council. Last time I have to share! :) 

love you all!
Sister Chao

No comments:

Post a Comment